Mince Cupcakes with Mashed Potato Icing
This recipe is a delicious and creative way to delight your family with a twist to mash and meatballs. Best served with pasta.
- 1 Knorrox stock cube tomato onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons boiling water as needed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic crushed
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper to taste
- 1 ml salt to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 500 g beef mince
- 6 cubes cheddar cheese (optional)
- parsley for garnish
- 1 tin chopped tomato
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 Knorrox stock cube Tomato & Onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Robertsons dried oregano (origanum)
- 1 cup water
- 5 potatoes peeled quartered
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup milk
- Fry the onion in a little oil until translucent then add the tinned tomato, 1 cup water and the Knorrox stock cube and origanum
- Simmer for about 15 – 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease 6 muffin tins.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft. Stir in the pepper & salt and then transfer the mixture into a large bowl.
- Pour the breadcrumbs, milk, and parsley into a bowl.
- Add in the eggs, beef mince.
- In a small bowl mix 1 Knorrox stock cube with 2-3 tbsp of boiling water until a smooth paste is formed and add this to the mince mixture
- Mix everything together until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions. Form each portion into a ball, then flatten out. Place a cube of cheese in the centre and roll back into a ball.
- Pat down into a greased muffin tin, filling the tin with the mixture and leaving the top domed.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the mince is fully cooked.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain.
- Warm milk and butter together until the butter is melted. Using a potato masher, slowly blend milk mixture into potatoes until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Allow to cool slightly before spooning the mashed potatoes into a piping bag.
- Remove muffins from tins - run a knife along the inside of each tin and use a spoon to help lift them out. Pipe the smooth mashed potatoes on top of each muffin and garnish with a bit of parsley.
- Serve topped with the tomato sauce, crisp green beans and carrots. ENJOY!
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.