Saucy Meatballs in a Noodle Nest
Saucy Meatballs served in a noodle nest are packed full of flavour. Use Knorrox Tomatoe and Onion Cubes to bring out all the yummy flavours.
- 340 g spaghetti
- 3 large eggs divided
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella grated
- 450 g beef mince
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes & onions
- 1 Knorrox stock cubes Tomato & Onion Flavour
- 1 cup water
- Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Cook the spaghetti for about 8 minutes so they are soft but not entirely cooked.
- Drain and rinse the spaghetti under cold water.
- In a large bowl, toss cooled spaghetti with 2 beaten eggs and mozzarella
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and using a fork, twirl the spaghetti into the cups, making a “nest”.
- Using the bottom of a shot glass, firmly press down to create a well.
- Bake until set, 10 - 15 minutes. Let cool. (If nests puffed up while baking, press down again with shot glass.)
- While noodle cups bake, make meatballs: In a large bowl, combine beef mince, bread crumbs, garlic, remaining egg and parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper. Roll into balls.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat oil. Brown meatballs, 4 minutes per side. Pour over the tinned tomato & onion, add Knorrox stock cube, 1 cup of water and allow to simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Spoon one meatball into each spaghetti nest, topped with some sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and pop back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley and ENJOY!
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.