Creamy Mushroom Flavoured Samp
You need just three ingredients to make this soft and creamy samp, deliciously flavoured with Knorr Mushroom Soup and a hint of garlic. Serve on its own when you need a bowl of comfort food, or as a side dish for a hearty stew or curry.
- 2 cups samp, washed and soaked overnight
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Robertsons Garlic Salt
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Knorr Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Drain the samp (after soaking it overnight) and place it in a large pot. Cover with cold water and stir in the Robertsons Garlic Salt. Allow to simmer over a low heat until it’s nearly soft.
- Check your dish every 30 minutes to see if it needs more water and stir frequently to stop it from catching on the bottom of the pot.
- When the samp is cooked and has a creamy, soft texture, mix the Knorr Cream of Mushroom Soup with 60 ml water (4 tablespoons) to make a smooth paste, then stir this into the pot. Allow to cook for another 5 minutes and serve hot.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.