Tumeric Millet Pilaf with Pickled Beetroot, Mint and Feta
Throw out the rice and try a pilaf with millet (uphoko), one of our goodness-filled Future 50 Foods! Infused with rich turmeric and the unique flavours of pickled beetroot, mint and creamy feta – this recipe is bound to awaken your taste buds!
- 15 ml Robertsons Tumeric
- Knorr Minestrone Soup
- 1.5 l water
- 400 g uncooked millet rinsed
- 8 pickled beetroots chopped to serve
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 80 ml feta cheese
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the turmeric, KNORR Minestrone Soup and water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the millet (uphoko) and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed and the millet (uphoko) is cooked.
- Remove the millet (uphoko) from heat and allow it to sit, covered for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the millet (uphoko) gently with a fork, then serve the pilaf with the beetroot, fresh mint and feta cheese.
- Better for you
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.