Tomato Hake Bake With Red Peppers and Cauliflower
This simple hake and veggie tray bake makes it easy to put a nutritious seafood dinner on the table! Add garlic, herbs and a Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot to pack in plenty of flavour, and serve topped with feta cheese and fresh basil. This is a versatile recipe – you can use any roasting vegetables you have in the fridge.
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 5 ml Robertsons thyme
- 10 ml Robertsons sweet basil
- 1 lemon, juice & zest
- 2 red peppers, cut into thick slices
- 300 g cauliflower, cut into small medium sized florets
- 1 packet Knorr tomato Base Dry Cook-In Sauce
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot (dissolved in 400ml hot water)
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- Robertsons Black Pepper
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 x 180 g pieces of hake, boned and skin removed
- fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, Robertson’s Thyme and Robertson’s Sweet Basil. Sauté until soft.
- Add the cooked onion mix to the lemon juice & zest, red pepper, cauliflower, Knorr Tomato Base Dry Cook-In Sauce, tin tomatoes and Knorr vegetable stock, with a pinch of Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt & Robertson’s Black Pepper. Put this into a deep oven tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes so the vegetables are cooked and the sauce has reduced.
- Take the tray out of the oven. Top with the cherry tomatoes, hake which has been seasoned with salt & pepper.
- Return to the oven for a further 10-15 minutes, until the fish has cooked through.
- Serve hot, topped with fresh basil leaves.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.