Prepare these fishcakes using lightly smoked snoek or even leftover snoek from the braai – the flavour of this uniquely South African fish is unrivalled.
- 600 g lightly smoked snoek
- sunflower oil
- lemon juice
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- 3 potatoes (350g), peeled, boiled and mashed
- 1 sachet Knorr Naturally Tasty Tuna Napolitana
- ½ bunch spring onions, chopped
- 7.5 ml lemon juice
- 1 cup cake flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 30 ml sunflower oil for frying
- Robertsons freshly ground Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place snoek into an ovenproof tray, drizzle with a little oil and lemon juice and season with Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt & Robertsons Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 10 -15 minutes or until cooked.
- Once cooked carefully remove the bones and flake the flesh.
- Mix the mashed potato, snoek flesh, contents of the sachet of Knorr Naturally Tasty Tuna Napolitana, spring onion and lemon juice.
- Shape into fishcakes then dip into flour then egg then breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a pan and lightly fry the fishcakes until golden brown then transfer to an ovenproof tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C to heat through.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.