Prawn and Haddock Fish Pie
An easy, delicious seafood pie topped with a coriander-flavoured mashed potatoes.
- 30 ml Stork margarine
- ½ onion, quartered
- 15 ml fresh chives, chopped
- 1 sachet Knorr Classic White Sauce
- 100 g prawns, cooked and peeled
- 700 g potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 300 ml milk
- 1 Robertsons bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh flat leaf parsley leaf
- 1 pinch Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- Robertsons freshly ground Black pepper
- 1 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 350 skinless firm haddock fish fillet, cut into cubes
- 25 ml fresh (flat leaf Parsley)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a 1.5 Litre ovenproof dish.
- Put potatoes and a pinch of salt in a saucepan, cover with boiling water and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until tender.
- Place Stork margarine and coriander into a food processor and process until fine.
- In a medium pot, mix together 300 ml milk and sachet of KNORR Classic White Sauce.
- Add the bay leaf, onion and parsley sprigs and, whisk until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat and discard the bay leaf, onion and parsley.
- Stir in the fish, prawns, chopped parsley, chives, lemon juice and seasonings, spoon into the ovenproof dish.
- When the potatoes are tender, drain well and mash with the coriander-margarine mixture and low-fat milk until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mashed potato evenly over the creamy fish mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until browned.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.