Cheesy Tuna Souffle
This soufflé recipe is just so easy - and is sure to tantalise the taste buds. Don’t forget your Knorr Classic White Sauce!
- 100 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tins tuna in brine, drained
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1 sachet Knorr classic white sauce
- 300 ml milk
- 30 ml Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- margarine (for greasing)
- Robertsons freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Using a pastry brush paint the inside of 6 soufflé ramekins with softened margarine.
- Add a little grated Parmesan cheese into each ramekin and swirl the cheese around so as to coat each ramekin with Parmesan, shake out any excess.
- In the meantime place the milk into a measuring jug and heat in the microwave for two minutes.
- Remove from microwave and whisk in the contents of the sachet of KNORR Classic White Sauce until smooth.
- Pour the prepared white sauce into a mixing bowl and add the egg yolks, tuna, cheddar cheese and Robertsons Black Pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Place the egg whites into clean grease free mixing bowl and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Stir one third of the egg whites into the tuna mixture then carefully fold in the remaining egg whites.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared soufflé ramekins and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden brown on top.
- Serve immediately with a fresh garden salad.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.