Polenta and Prawns
This recipe shows why the Italians prefer polenta to mash potato. The prawns are mixed in with a Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and left to marinate before being cooked gently in rich tomato and basil sauce. A tasty treat the whole family will enjoy.
- 300 ml olive oil
- 450 g extra large prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 1 tbsp Robertsons paprika
- 400 g tin tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp basil, chopped
- 300 ml water
- 300 ml low fat milk
- 150 g polenta
- 2 tbsp Stork margarine
- 60 g cheddar cheese, grated
- Gently heat 15 ml of the olive oil in small frying pan, add Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot and stir well until the stock melts. Remove from heat, add paprika and leave the paste to cool for 10 minutes.
- Coat the prawns in the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat and cook the prawns until they turn pink, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Add the tomatoes, garlic and basil. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until sauce has reduced and starts to thicken.
- Add the prawns to the tomato sauce and turn heat down to a low heat.
- For the polenta, add water and milk to a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Slowly whisk in the polenta, turn the heat down to low and continuously whisk for 5-10 minutes, until polenta is cooked and thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in Stork Margarine and cheese. Replace the lid and leave to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.