Hake and Chips
Tender, lemony hake fillets in a beautifully crisp coating flavoured with parsley and Robertsons Spice for Fish. Serve with hot chips, lemon wedges and a leafy green salad for a sensational seafood supper.
- 4 hake fillets
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 1 ml Robertsons black pepper, to taste
- 6 eggs
- 250 ml (1 cup) flour
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Robertsons parsley
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) vegetable oil for frying
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Robertsons Spice for Fish
- Place the hake fillets, lemon juice and a few pinches of Robertsons Black Pepper (to taste) in shallow bowl and set aside to marinate.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In another shallow bowl, mix together the flour, Robertsons Spice for Fish and Robertsons Parsley.
- Heat the vegetable oil in heavy-based pan. While the oil is heating, dip the hake fillets in the seasoned flour until well coated, and then into the egg mixture.
- When the oil is hot enough, fry the fish for 5 minutes, turning once, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with chips or potato wedges.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.