Quick Fish Tacos with Spicy Roasted Pineapple Salsa
Bright, zingy toppings add so much freshness and flavour to these quick and easy fish tacos, with an unusual roasted pineapple salsa giving a touch of sweetness. A great idea for a light summer supper or weekend lunch!
- For the Roasted Pineapple Salsa
- 1 pineapple peeled cored and cut into chunks
- 10 ml vegetable oil
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño finely diced
- 1 tsp Rajah hot curry powder
- handful mint chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 30 ml olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- For the Fish Tacos
- olive oil for frying
- 3 tbsp self-raising flour to coat
- 2 tbsp Rajah hot curry powder
- 4 x 100 g pieces fresh fish fillets yellowtail angel or hake
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 x small flour tortilla wraps
- 1 ripe avocado mashed to serve
- fresh mint to serve
- 2 limes to serve
- Preheat the oven 200 degrees Celsius.
- In a roasting dish, toss the pineapple in oil and roast for 10 minutes until sticky and golden. Combine with the rest of the salsa ingredients and season well.
- To make the fish, combine the flour and Rajah Hot curry powder. Season the fish well then coat well in the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the fish for 3-4 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Serve the tortillas filled with the mashed avo, fish pieces, pineapple salsa, fresh mint and lime juice squeezed over.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.