Thulski’s Malva Pudding
Expect requests for second helpings of this decadent malva pudding made with apricot jam, Robertsons Cinnamon and a traditional touch of vinegar. Serve with warm custard.
- 200 g caster sugar
- 2 medium-sized eggs
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) apricot jam
- 200 g cake flour
- 7.5 ml (½ tbsp) bicarbonate of soda
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Robertsons cinnamon
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) margarine
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) vinegar
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the caster sugar, eggs and apricot jam to a large mixing bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, sift the cake flour, bicarbonate of soda and Robertsons Cinnamon, then whisk to incorporate. In a small saucepan over a low heat, melt margarine, then stir in the vinegar and milk, mixing until combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the sugar and egg mixture and combine. Add the margarine milk mixture and whisk until a smooth batter form. Grease a medium size ovenproof pan and pour in the mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until sticky brown in colour and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.