Amarula Apple Crepe
Decadent pan-fried caramelised apple crepes served with whipped Amarula cream.
- 250 ml cake flour
- 2.5 ml baking powder
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 45 ml sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 250 ml milk
- 50 ml Amarula
- pinch of salt
- 30 g butter
- 6 Golden Delicious apples peeled, cored and cut into slices
- 10 ml Robertsons ground cinnamon
- 2.5 ml Robertsons Nutmeg
- 60 ml soft brown sugar or honey
- Amarula Cream:
- 250 ml cream
- 50 ml icing sugar
- 1 ml Robertsons ground cinnamon
- 50 ml Amarula
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder and the salt.
- Beat together the lemon juice, oil, egg, milk and Amarula. Whisk this mixture into the dry ingredients to make a thin batter. Let it stand while you cook the apples.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and add the apples. Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes. Uncover and cook on high heat until all the moisture has evaporated.
- Add the Robertsons Cinnamon, Robertsons Nutmeg and the brown sugar. Cook for another 2 minutes or until starting to caramelise. Remove from the heat and keep on the side.
- Start making your crepes. Use a non-stick pan and add some batter to cover the bottom of the pan and cook until bubbly and golden at the bottom. Use a spatula to flip and cook the other side. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Whip the cream, icing sugar and cinnamon until stiff. Add the Amarula.
- Divide the filling between the crepes, add a dollop of the whipped Amarula cream and roll up. Top with more whipped Amarula cream and sprinkle with a bit of Robertsons Cinnamon.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.