Inyama Yenhloko Pie
Here’s a delicious and hearty pie your family will love. Made with a tasty stew from inyama yenhloko with Rajah Mild Curry Powder – it’s sure to satisfy any meat craving!
- 500 g cow lips (Inyama Yenhloko)
- 3 cups of water
- ½ medium-sized onion diced
- 2 ½ tsps Rajah mild and spicy curry powder
- 1 tbsp Robertsons steak and chops spice
- 1 tbsp Robertsons black peppercorn
- 1 cup Knorr beef stock (Beef Stock Pot, dissolved in hot water)
- 400 g ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg yolk beaten
- Thoroughly rinse the cow lip meat in water, transfer into a large pot, add the water and boil for 30 minutes.
- Remove the boiled cow lip meat from the pot and allow to cool, then cut into small chunks.
- Add the onion, Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder, Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice and Robertsons Black Peppercorns, and boil for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Lower the heat, add a cup of beef stock and simmer on a medium heat for 40/60 minutes. The gravy must be thick, if not add 3 to 4 tablespoons of cake flour or corn starch for a thicker consistency.
- Set aside to cool.
- Heat the oven to 220°C
- Pour the cow lip stew filling into a pie dish and brush the rim of the dish with some beaten egg yolk. Cover the dish with pastry and use a knife to trim and press the edges down against the side of the dish.
- Brush the pie heavily with egg yolk. Make a few little slits in the centre of the pie and bake for 40 minutes until golden.
- Leave to stand for a few minutes before serving.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.