Pumpkin and Chickpea Curry With Fresh Pumpkin Leaves
A simple one-pot vegan curry starring pumpkin, chickpeas and nutritious young pumpkin leaves. Use ginger, garlic, chillies and Knorr Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce to create warm, spicy layers of flavour, then serve with brown or wild rice for a delicious midweek dinner.
- 30 ml cooking oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cm piece ginger, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded & finely chopped
- 1 packet Knorr Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-In Sauce
- 800 g pumpkin, chopped into +- 3 cm chunks
- 50 g pumpkin leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot (dissolved in 800ml hot water)
- 1 x 400 g tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 lemon
- Robertsons Atlantic sea salt
- Robertsons Black Pepper
- Heat the oil over a medium heat in a pot. Add the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli and saute until soft and just starting to colour.
- Add the Knorr Milk Durban Curry Cook-In Sauce, pumpkin and pumpkin leaves, stir to mix everything together.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes and Knorr vegetable stock, and bring to the boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer. Allow to cook for about 45 minutes, until the pumpkin is cooked and the sauce has reduced. 15 minutes before finishing, add the chickpeas.
- Season to taste with lemon juice Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertson’s Black Pepper.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.