Bunny Chow with Turmeric
Bunny Chow with Tumeric
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 cm fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 15 ml turmeric
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 500 g lamb stewing cubes
- 1 Knorr Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 tin chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 300 ml water
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 loaf white or brown bread, quartered and hollowed out
- For the sambal:
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onion, garlic, ginger, turmeric and red pepper gently for 3-4 minutes until the onions start to soften.
- Add the lamb cubes and cook until browned.
- Add the contents of the sachet of KNORR Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-in-Sauce, the tinned tomatoes, water and potatoes and mix well.
- Bring to the boil stirring constantly then reduce the heat and allow to simmer covered for 15 – 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are cooked.
- For the sambal mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- To serve spoon the lamb cubes and the sauce into each hollowed out quarter loaf and top with the sambal.
- TIP: Add 1 star anise with the lamb cubes for an extra flavour twist.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.