Put a tasty vegetarian dish on the table in under 45 minutes with our easy pilau recipe, made with rice from the store cupboard plus vitamin-rich leeks and green peppers. Use a KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot for instant depth of flavour!
- 2 leeks, trimmed and sliced
- 10 ml Robertsons garlic flakes, soaked in 30 ml boiling water and drained
- 10 ml olive oil
- 5 ml Robertsons cinnamon
- 5 ml Robertsons coriander
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 180 g basmati rice
- 15 ml tomato puree
- 450 g tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 Knorr vegetable stock pot
- 300 ml water
- Robertsons freshly ground Black Pepper
- watercress, to garnish
- Sauté the leeks and garlic in olive oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the spices and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the peppers and rice and cook for 3 minutes.
- Mix the tomato puree with 2 tablespoons water and add to the pan.
- Add the tomatoes, stock pot and water to the pan, and simmer, covered for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, adding water if needed.
- To serve season with Robertsons Freshly Ground Black Pepper and garnish with fresh watercress.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.