Quick Vegetable and Chickpea Breyani
A quick way to make a great tasting breyani that can be enjoyed any time of the day.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 15 ml oil
- 1 x 275 gram box Knorr Rice Mate mild Breyani flavour
- 800 ml hot water
- 200 g frozen peas
- 1 tin chickpeas (410 g)
- 3 tomatoes, cubed
- 3 ml Robertsons chilli flakes
- 50 ml fresh coriander, chopped
- In a large saucepan, fry the onions and carrots in oil for 4 min.
- Add the sachet of seasoning mix, 800 ml hot water, and the uncooked rice (contained within the box of KNORR Rice Mate Mild Breyani) and bring to the boil.
- Stir in the peas, chickpeas and cubed tomato.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 min, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the chilli flakes and simmer for a further 5 min.
- Top with chopped coriander
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.