West Indian beef curry with rice
All the flavours of the Caribbean come together in this rich and filling beef curry!
- 1 kg beef chuck, cubed
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 Knorr Cook-In-Bag Spicy Roats chicken
- 5 ml Robertsons cinnamon
- 5 ml Robertsons cumin
- 5 ml Robertsons ginger
- 5 ml black mustard seeds
- 250 ml low fat plain yoghurt
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- No need to preheat oven.
- Carefully add all ingredients into the bag (max. 1.5 kg) and season with the dry Knorr mixture.Close bag at the end with blue tie supplied..
- Very gently massage Knorr mixture into the ingredients on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly. Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish, ensuring ingredients are evenly spaced.
- Bake at 180°C for 50 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure grill is off at ALL times.
- Keep enough room for bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- Remove from oven, rest in bag for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cut the bag open and transfer to a serving dish. Spoon the leftover sauce over your meal.
- Serve with steamed rice and fresh coriander.
- Better For You Tips : For a lower fat meal replace the beef chuck with lean ostrich goulash and leave the skins on the potatoes and sweet potatoes to boost the overall fibre content
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.