Indian Butter Chicken
Try not to be put off by the number of ingredients required for this dish – once your family try this creamy, authentic treat it will become a family favourite!
- 150 ml water
- 410 g tin tomato puree
- 10 ml Robertsons paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Robertsons cinnamon stick
- 5 ml cardamon
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 250 ml cream
- 10 ml salt
- 125 ml plain yoghurt
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 5 ml Robertsons turmeric (tumeric)
- 10 ml garam masala
- 5 ml chilli powder
- 5 ml Robertsons cumin
- 10 ml ginger, crushed
- 10 ml garlic, crushed
- 800 g chicken fillet, cut into strips
- Combine yoghurt, lemon juice, turmeric, garam masala, chilli, cumin, ginger and garlic in a bowl. Add the chicken fillet strips and stir well.
- Cover and allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, cardamom, cinnamon and bay leaf and cook for 2 minutes until the onion starts to soften.
- Reduce heat to low, then add the chicken and marinade, paprika, tomato puree, water and the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot.
- Simmer for 15 minutes then stir in the cream and cook for a further 10 minutes on a low heat.
- Serve with basmati rice and fresh coriander.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.