Spicy Chicken Curry
This beautifully fragranced chicken curry recipe is a great mid-week meal for the family. Not only is it creamy and rich, you can make this recipe in just 25 minutes.
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- 650 g chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 30 ml Rajah curry powder
- 45 ml water
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 400 g tin tomatoes, chopped
- 30 ml coriander, chopped
- 50 ml cream
- Melt 1 tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces stirring occasionally, for 4-5 minutes until chicken is almost cooked. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the same pan. Add onions and cook gently for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently until onion starts to brown. Add the garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
- Stir in curry powder over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the water and KNORR Chicken Stock Pot, bring to the boil then simmer. Stir in tomatoes and chicken and bring to the boil again then simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 3 minutes.
- Add coriander. Stir in cream and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 2 minutes, until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve with hot cooked basmati rice.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.