- 15 ml cooking oil
- 500 g chicken pieces
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder
- 1 tsp Robertsons coriander
- 1 tsp Robertsons cumin
- 1 tsp Robertsons turmeric
- 1 tsp Robertsons cinnamon
- 250 g basmati rice
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 250 ml water
- 1 tin lentils drained
- handful fresh coriander chopped
- Heat oil in a pot and brown the chicken pieces, when browned reduce the heat and cover with a lid and allow to cook for 5 - 10 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add a little extra oil to the pot if need be and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder and all the Robertsons spices and fry to release the flavour and aroma.
- Add the rice, tomatoes, Knorr stock pot and water.
- Cover with a lid and allow to cook for 15 - 20 minutes or until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Return the chicken to the pot together with the lentils and allow to cook to heat through.
- Serve with freshly chopped coriander.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.