Spicy Chicken Stew with Vegetables
Need a good idea for a nourishing family dinner? Try this mildly spicy chicken stew with green peppers, beans and carrots - the family will love its rich, tasty gravy and gentle curry flavours. Serve with pap or rice.
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) vegetable oil
- 6 chicken pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 15 ml (1 Tbsp) Rajah Flavourful & Mild Curry Powder
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 1 Knorrox Chicken Stock Cube
- 250 grams (1 cup) green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 30 ml (2 Tbsp) Knorr Minestrone Soup
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pot and fry the chicken pieces until well browned on all sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onion and green pepper and fry until soft.
- Add the Rajah Flavourful & Mild curry powder and fry for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the carrots, water and Knorrox stock cube to the pot, along with the chicken pieces. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
- Add the green beans and simmer for a further 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the beans are cooked.
- Mix the soup powder with a little water to form a smooth paste. Add this to the stew, stir well and simmer for a further 5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve with rice or pap, and peas or creamed spinach on the side.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.