Spicy Chicken Stew with Vegetables
Need a good idea for a nourishing family dinner? Try this mildly spicy chicken stew with green peppers, beans and carrots - the family will love its rich, tasty gravy and gentle curry flavours. Serve with pap or rice.
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 6 chicken pieces
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Rajah Flavourful & Mild curry powder
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1 Knorrox chicken stock cube
- 2 handfuls green beans cut in half
- 2 tbsp Knorr Minestrone Soup
- Heat oil in a medium size pot and fry the chicken pieces until well browned on all sides then remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onion and green pepper and fry until soft.
- Add the Rajah Flavourful & Mild curry powder and fry for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the carrots, water, stock cube and chicken to the pot. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer covered for 25 minutes.
- Add the green beans and simmer for a further 15 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the beans are cooked.
- Mix the soup powder with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the stew, then allow to simmer until thickened. Serve with rice or pap.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.