A perfect sishebo should have many layers of rich and complex flavour, and with its thick, spicy gravy, this easy recipe ticks all the boxes. Use diced robot peppers to add colour, and serve with rice or pap.
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 Knorrox beef stock cube
- 1 tbsp Rajah Medium curry powder
- 1.5 kg chicken pieces
- 4 tomatoes grated
- 3 tbsp Knorr Hearty Beef Soup
- 1 tbsp Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder
- 1 tsp Robertsons peri-peri
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- Pour some oil into a pot and add onions, mushrooms, and Knorrox Beef stock cube and fry until soft.
- Add Rajah Medium curry powder and wait until the spice cooks out.
- Add your chicken pieces and continue frying till chicken is brown.
- Add grated tomatoes, then put the lid on and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix the Knorr Hearty Beef Soup with water then add it to the pot, stir well and allow to simmer.
- When your chicken is almost cooked add the Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder and Robertsons Peri-Peri along with your diced robot peppers and cook for another 15 minutes.
- You now have Your Perfect Sishebo.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.