Sugar Bean Curry
Use nutritious, inexpensive sugar beans to create an excellent end-of-the-month curry flavoured with Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder, onions and green peppers. For even more goodness, add peeled, cubed butternut.
- 15 ml vegetable oil for frying
- 2 cups dried sugar beans
- 1.5 onions chopped
- 1 tbsp Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 Knorrox Mutton stock cube
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Sort the sugar beans and soak in water overnight.
- Boil in clean water for 1 hour or until soft and drain.
- In a pot, brown the onion in vegetable oil.
- Add Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and the beans, turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with Basmati rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.