Spicy Lentils with Cauliflower Florets
Lentils are a complex carbohydrate, high in fibre but low in calories – a versatile and healthy staple for any pantry. Try it as the hero ingredient in your next meal with cauliflower, seasoning and Knorr Rice Mate Breyani for a spicy and complete meal.
- 4 cups cooked lentils drained
- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 tsp fresh ginger root finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- Knorr Rice Mate Mild Breyani
- 750 ml Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- handful fresh coriander finely chopped
- chillies to serve
- Heat oil. Fry onion, garlic and ginger until soft.
- fAdd tomato puree, cauliflower and Knorr Rice Mate Breyani rice and spice (follow instructions on the box).
- Cook over low heat, and stir until cauliflower is coated with spices.
- Add stock, and cook until the rice is done.
- Add lentils and coriander. Cook for another 1015 minutes.
- Serve with remaining coriander and chillies.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.