Simple Lentil Curry and Rice
Served with wild rice, fresh coriander, toasted cashew nuts and lime wedges, this super-easy vegetarian curry is packed with vibrant flavours. Inexpensive, nutritious lentils are such a useful ingredient when it comes to creating satisfying family meals – that’s why they’re one of our KNORR Future 50 Foods!
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 cm ginger peeled and grated
- 1 small chilli finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Rajah medium curry powder
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup dried brown lentils
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper optional
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup wild rice
- handful fresh coriander
- 1/3 cup toasted cashews
- lime cut into wedges to serve
- For the Lentil Curry: Cover lentils in warm water with a squeeze of lemon juice. Soak for 1-3 hours.
- Melt the butter on a medium/low heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger & sliced chili and sauté until onions are soft, 5-7 minutes.
- Combine the curry powder & turmeric and add, stirring until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, 1 Knorr Vegetable stock Pot, boiling water, lentils, cayenne pepper (optional) and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Allow to simmer 35-40 minutes until the lentils are soft and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve in a bowl on top of fluffy Jasmine rice. Garnish with toasted cashews, a handful of coriander and a lime wedge and ENJOY!
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.