Easy Chickpea and Lentil Curry
A Knorr Vegetable Stock pot gives superb depth of flavour to this quick, easy vegan curry, made with peppers, onions, tinned chickpeas and lentils. Serve piping hot with a shower of fresh coriander and a few lemon wedges. You can ring the changes to the curry by adding cooked pumpkin or butternut – or any other veggies of your choice. If you serve this with wild rice, you’ll have used two ingredients from our list of Knorr Future 50 Foods!
- 45 ml vegetable oil
- 2 onions cubed
- 1 yellow pepper cubed
- 1 red pepper cubed
- 4 ripe tomato chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2.4 ml red chilli powder to taste
- Rajah mild and spicy curry powder
- 5 ml cumin seeds
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- Knorr vegetable stock pot
- Robertsons sea salt, to season
- Robertsons ground black peppercorns, to taste
- 2 x 400 g tinned chickpeas drained
- 400 g tinned lentils drained
- chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- 2 lemons cut into quarters
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onions until golden brown. Add the yellow and red peppers, and the fresh tomatoes, and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, all the spices and the tin of chopped tomatoes, then stir in the contents of the KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer the sauce for 15 minutes, then stir in the drained chickpeas and lentils.
- Cook gently for a further 5 minutes, or until the chickpeas and lentils are hot.
- Tip into a serving dish, sprinkle with fresh coriander and top with the quartered lemons.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.