Easy Chickpea and Lentil Curry
A Knorr Vegetable Stock pot gives superb depth of flavour to this quick, easy vegan curry, made with peppers, onions, tinned chickpeas and lentils. Serve piping hot with a shower of fresh coriander and a few lemon wedges. You can ring the changes to the curry by adding cooked pumpkin or butternut – or any other veggies of your choice. If you serve this with wild rice, you’ll have used two ingredients from our list of Knorr Future 50 Foods!
- 45 ml vegetable oil
- 2 onions cubed
- 1 yellow pepper cubed
- 1 red pepper cubed
- 4 ripe tomato chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2.4 ml red chilli powder to taste
- 15 ml (or 1 tbsp) Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
- 5 ml cumin seeds
- 400 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot
- 1 ml Robertsons Atlantic sea salt, to season
- 1 ml Robertsons Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 x 400 g tinned chickpeas drained
- 400 g tinned lentils drained
- chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- 2 lemons cut into quarters
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onions until golden brown. Add the yellow and red peppers, and the fresh tomatoes, and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic, all the spices, the Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder and the tin of chopped tomatoes. Stir in the contents of the Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot. Season to taste with Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Simmer the sauce for 15 minutes, then stir in the drained chickpeas and lentils.
- Cook gently for a further 5 minutes, or until the chickpeas and lentils are hot.
- Tip into a serving dish, sprinkle with fresh coriander and top with the quartered lemons.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.