Curried Butternut Red Kidney Bean and Quinoa Stew
Use pre-prepared butternut cubes plus tinned beans to create the speediest vegetarian curry. There's lots of heat in this dish, but you can tone it down for kids by using one of our milder Rajah curry powders.
- 250 g butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 30 ml olive oil
- 2 tbsp Rajah Hot curry powder
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 tin red kidney beans rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup quinoa (red or white) or couscous
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the cubed butternut into a bowl and toss together with 15 ml olive oil and 1 tbsp Rajah Hot Curry Powder and season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Place into a roasting tray and roast in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes or until tender, tossing every so often.
- When cooked remove from the oven and set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan and gently fry the onion until soft.
- Add the garlic and remaining Rajah Hot curry powder and fry until fragrant, stirring continuously.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, water, red kidney beans and quinoa and stir to combine.
- Allow to simmer for 20 – 30 minutes or until the quinoa is tender.
- Stir in the roasted butternut and the chopped fresh coriander, season to taste and serve.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.