Creamy Coconut Chicken and Chickpea Curry with Cashews
Roasted cashew nuts add crunch to this delicious chicken and chickpea curry, with lime zest, coriander and Rajah Medium curry powder creating surprising layers of flavour and fragrance. Serve with rice or dhal.
- 30 ml vegetable oil
- 500 g skinless chicken thighs cut in half
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp Rajah Medium curry powder
- 1 small red chilli deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 1 tin chickpeas drained
- 8 fresh curry leaves
- 1 lime juice and reserve the zest
- 3 courgettes (baby marrows) sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts to serve
- Heat oil in a large pan and cook the chicken thighs until sealed on both sides then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little extra oil if necessary and fry the onion until soft.
- Add the garlic and Rajah Medium curry powder and cook stirring constantly until fragrant.
- Stir in the coconut milk, chickpeas, curry leaves and lime zest and juice.
- Add the chicken to the pan and stir to combine and allow to simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the baby marrows and simmer for a further 20 minutes, then stir in the fresh coriander and serve topped with roasted cashew nuts.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.