Spicy Coconut Lentil Soup
Comfort in a bowl! This is thick and tasty lentil soup is the perfect winter warmer, and so easy to make with Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder and tinned coconut cream. Serve with hunks of hot naan bread!
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1.5 tsp fresh ginger root crushed
- 1 large carrot peel and finely diced
- 2 tbsp Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder
- 250 g dried brown lentils rinsed
- 1 x 400 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander chopped
- 1 x 400 g tin coconut cream
- salt, freshly ground black pepper and sugar to taste
- Heat oil in a large soup pot and fry the onion and carrot together until soft.
- Add the garlic and ginger with the Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder and fry for 1 minute, stirring constantly to release the flavour and aroma.
- Add the lentils, tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock and coriander and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 35 – 40 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
- Stir in the coconut cream and allow to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning using a little salt and freshly cracked black pepper as well as a little bit of sugar if necessary.
- Serve with chunks of steamed bread. This soup is perfect to use the next day for lunch.
- Nut Free
- Future 50 foods
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.