It's so easy to replicate this popular restaurant dish at home! Butter, cream and yoghurt contrast beautifully with mild and fragrant spicing, with convenient tinned tomatoes adding rich colour and flavour.
- 1 x 20 gram sachet Rajah butter chicken Pure Spice Blend
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for frying
- 400 g chicken breast strips
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root crushed
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 can tinned tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 175 ml plain yoghurt
- 125 ml fresh cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 ml salt to taste
- 1 handful fresh coriander (optional) to serve
- Marinate chicken with yoghurt, ginger and garlic. Mix and set aside.
- In a pot fry chopped onion in 2 tbsp vegetable oil until light brown.
- Reduce heat, add tomato paste and Rajah Butter Chicken Pure Spice Blend, fry for 1 minute.
- Add tinned tomatoes, 1/2 cup water and simmer for 20 minutes, with pot lid on. Stirring regularly.
- Add chicken and yoghurt mixture, fresh cream, butter and simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce reaches desired consistency.
- Season with salt to taste, garnish with a dash of cream and fresh coriander. Serve with Basmati rice.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.