A comforting vegetarian dish of absolute simplicity that requires only three main ingredients, and a minimum of effort. Enjoy Chana Dhal on its own, or serve as an accompaniment to your favourite Rajah curry.
- 2 cups chickpeas or lentils soaked overnight
- 6 cups water
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Rajah Medium curry powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Make the Dhal by cooking the chana (chickpeas) or lentils in a pot filled with 6 cups of water for about 30 minutes or until soft.
- In a frying pan, sauté the onions and Rajah Medium curry powder together until the onions are soft and the spices are fragrant.
- Once the chana or lentils are soft, stir the onion and curry mix into the pot and simmer for 10 minutes. Season well.
- Monthly vegan
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.