Mutton Curry with Dhal
What could be more comforting than a hearty mutton and potato curry? Rajah Medium Curry Powder gives great depth of flavour and just the right amount of heat to our easy recipe. Serve with spicy lentil dhal.
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 700 g cubed mutton or lamb
- 2 tbsp Rajah Medium
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 5 cm piece fresh ginger root grated
- 1 tomato grated
- 3 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 cup water
- Dhal to serve
- Saute the onion in the oil until softened and golden – about 5 minutes.
- Add the mutton or lamb and braise until well browned – about 5 minutes.
- Add the Rajah Medium spice, garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the potato, tomato and water and simmer for 30 minutes until the the potatoes are soft.
- Serve the Mutton Curry garnished with coriander with Dhal on the side.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.