One-Pot Mac and Cheese with Baby Marrows
This tasty mac 'n cheese has all the comforting flavours of the classic dish, but with a touch of spice and an added dose of goodness, thanks to the addition of sliced baby marrows.
- 300 g elbow macaroni
- 60 ml 4 tbsp margarine
- 30 ml (2 tbsp Robertsons Portuguese spice
- 62.5 ml (¼ cup) cake flour
- 600 ml milk
- 2.5 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 300 g baby courgettes (baby marrows), sliced
- Cook elbow macaroni according to packet instructions.
- Melt margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in 1 tbsp of Robertsons Portuguese Spice, flour, and continue cooking, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk the milk into the flour mixture. Bring to the boil while whisking to remove lumps and then simmer until the sauce thickens, 7 minutes.
- Add cheese and continue stirring until the cheese has melted, 2 minutes.
- Add the drained macaroni, baby marrows, Robertsons Portuguese Spice and stir to combine thoroughly and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.