One-Pot Mac and Cheese with Baby Marrows
Everyone loves creamy, cheesy mac and cheese, and now we've taken this family classic to a new level of yum by adding a touch of spice plus vitamin-rich baby marrows.
- 300 g elbow macaroni
- 60 ml 4 tbsp margarine (or butter)
- 30 ml (2 tbsp Robertsons Portuguese spice
- 60 ml (¼ cup) cake flour
- 600 ml milk
- 625 ml (2.5 cups) cheddar cheese, grated
- 300 g baby courgettes (baby marrows), sliced
- Cook the macaroni according to the instructions on the packet.
- Melt the margarine or butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the Robertsons Portuguese Spice and all the flour, and continue cooking, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk the milk into the flour mixture. Bring to the boil, whisking to remove lumps, then simmer until the sauce is thick and smooth (about 7 minutes).
- Add the cheese and continue stirring for 2 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of Robertsons Portuguese Spice along with the drained macaroni and baby marrows and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes, then serve hot.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.