Butternut, Chilli And Cheese Muffins
Knorr Chakalaka Soup adds vibrant local flavours to our easy, cheesy butternut muffins, with garlic, thyme and onions creating deliciously savoury notes. Make a double batch of muffins so you have extra for lunchboxes – you can leave out the chilli flakes if you’re making them for tender little taste buds.
- 350 g butternut squash, cubed
- 30 ml olive oil
- Robertsons atlantic sea salt
- Robertsons black pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 10 ml chilli flakes
- 3 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 2 eggs
- 180 ml milk
- 1 packet Knorr chakalaka soup
- 500 ml flour
- 15 ml baking powder
- 100 g grated mature cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Toss the butternut with 15ml olive oil and a pinch of Robertson’s Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertson’s Black Pepper, and lay it on the tray. Roast in the oven until golden and cooked through, approximately 30 minutes. Put aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat another 15ml olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and add the onion, garlic, chilli and thyme leaves. Cook until softened, approximately 10 minutes.
- In one bowl, whisk the eggs and milk. In a separate bowl, combine the Knorr Chakalaka Soup, sifted flour and baking powder. Add the dry mix to the wet and stir to combine.
- Lastly, gently fold in the onion mix, butternut pieces and cheese.
- Split the muffin mix into a greased muffin pan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve with extra cheese and butter on the side.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.