Meatball, Tomato and Potato Casserole
There is no one in the family that will not like this meatball casserole and ask for seconds.
- 100 ml water
- onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely green pepper, diced
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 60 ml flour
- 35 ml canola oil
- 650 ml tomato juice
- 8 medium carrots, cut into thirds
- 1 sachet Knorr Saucy Meatballs Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 6 new potatoes, halved
- 15 baby onions, peeled
- 500 g beef mince
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl combine the mustard powder, green pepper, onion, mince, water and contents of the sachet of KNORR Homestyle Meatball Kebabs Dry Cook-in-Sauce.
- Shape into 12 meatballs and roll into flour.
- In a frying pan, brown meatballs in oil and place in an ovenproof dish.
- Gradually stir in the tomato juice and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Pour over meatballs and add vegetables.
- Cover and bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour or until meatballs are cooked through and vegetables are tender.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.