End-of-the-Month Vegetable Hotpot
Reached the end of the month and run out of money and meal ideas? This mouth watering vegetable hot pot flavoured with cumin and paprika will please the purse and the family.
- 15 ml peanuts
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 slice grain bread, whole and diced
- 15 ml olive oil
- 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 250 ml water
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 500 g pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2 cm pieces (seeded)
- 5 ml paprika, ground
- 10 ml cumin, ground
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Knorr Roasted Vegetables Veggie Bake
- 30 ml finely parsley leaves, chopped
- 400 g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 300 g green beans, trimmed and blanched
- Lightly spray a large saucepan with cooking oil spray and heat on medium.
- Cook onion for 5 minutes, stirring, until golden.
- Stir in cumin and paprika and cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Add pumpkin, tomato and chickpeas, water and the KNORR Roasted Vegetable Bake and season (to taste).
- Cook, covered, for 10 minutes, until pumpkin is tender.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small frying pan on low.
- Fry bread, garlic and peanuts for 2 minutes, until golden.
- Blend in a food processor until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir through parsley.
- Add cannellini beans and green beans to pumpkin mixture and toss gently until heated through.
- Serve sprinkled with crumb mixture.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.