Delicious Lamb Casserole with Mustard Dumplings
This lamb casserole is topped with easy-to-make dumplings and is a hearty weekday meal.
- 1 kg lamb, cubed
- 125 ml flour, seasoned
- 30 ml oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 10 pickling onions, whole
- 3 leeks, sliced
- 3 celery sticks, sliced
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 250 ml red wine
- 1 x 48 gram Knorr Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-In-Sauce
- 500 ml water or stock
- 45 ml fresh rosemary, chopped
- 250 ml flour
- 5 ml baking powder
- 15 ml grain mustard, whole
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 ml oil
- 100 ml milk
- 1 cup cooked nutty brown rice to serve
- Toss meat in seasoned flour, fry in oil until browned and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the garlic and pickling onions for a few minutes then add the remaining vegetables and toss them gently for 2 min.
- Add the red wine, KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce, water and meat to the pan, bring to the boil, then simmer for 35-40 min until meat is tender.
- Add rosemary.
- Add hot water if the sauce is too dry.
- To make the dumplings: Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Combine the mustard, egg, oil and milk.
- Pour the egg mixture into the sifted flour and stir to form a soft dough.
- Place heaped teaspoons full of the mixture onto the lamb stew in the pot, cover and leave for about 5-6 min.
- Turn the dumplings, cover and cook for a further 5 min.
- Serve with nutty brown rice
- Better For You Tips: For a lower carb meal choose to serve this dish with either dumplings or nutty brown rice
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.