Easy Sausage and Bean Hotpot
An economical yet hearty family meal that works well with pork shoulder as well!
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 tins cannellini beans, drained
- 30 ml English mustard
- 1 sachet tomato paste (50 g)
- 1 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 15 ml brown sugar
- 1 tin tomatoes, chopped
- 150 ml water
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 8 pork sausages
- Warm the oil in a large pot and brown the sausages on both sides (can be done in batches if needed).
- Stir in the onion and allow to cook for 5 minutes then add the garlic.
- Add all the other ingredients to the pot, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 60 minutes.
- The beans will start to break down during cooking and will help to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with brown rice and veggies.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.