Easy Beef Stroganoff
This popular, classic dish makes a simple yet satisfying mid-week dinner!
- 300 g beef strips
- 45 ml cake flour
- 15 ml olive oil
- 15 ml Stork margarine
- 1 onion, cut into thin slices
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 5 ml Robertsons paprika
- 1 punnet button mushrooms, sliced
- 250 ml Knorr beef stock pot
- 80 ml water
- sour cream
- Toss beef strips in cake flour to lightly coat then set aside.
- Heat olive oil and margarine together in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the Robertsons Paprika and fry for 2 minutes to release the flavour and smoky aroma.
- Add the beef strips and fry for 5 minutes until well browned.
- Add the sliced button mushrooms and fry for a further 5 minutes to soften the mushrooms.
- Add the KNORR Beef Stock Pot together with the water, stir well and bring to the boil.
- When boiling reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the sour cream and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh or dried parsley if desired and serve with rice.
- Better For You Tips: For a lighter stroganoff replace the sour cream with low fat plain yoghurt and serve with brown rice
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.