Chicken and Rice Casserole
This chicken and rice casserole recipe is delicious and comforting. The chicken is cooked to golden-brown perfection in Knorr chicken stock, before adding bay leaves, thyme and peas. Chorizo and chilli bring a great flavour kick to the dish.
- 2 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 800 ml boiling water
- 45 ml Stork margarine
- 8 chicken pieces, skinless and boneless
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 chillies, chopped (seeded)
- 100 g chorizo, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 200 g long grain rice
- 2 Robertsons bay leaves
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 100 g frozen peas
- 30 ml parsley, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- Place the Knorr Chicken Stock pot in boiling water, stir well and set aside.
- Heat the Stork Margarine in a casserole dish. Add the chicken pieces and cook on medium heat for 6-7 minutes on both sides, until golden brown, remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the onions, chillies and chorizo and cook for 4-6 minutes over medium heat, until onions have softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir. Add the Robertsons Bay Leaves, thyme and peas. Return the chicken pieces to dish along with the chicken stock, bring the liquid to the boil then reduce to a gentle simmer. Cover with a lid and cook for 30 minutes, until chicken has cooked thoroughly and rice is tender. Leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Remove the lid, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and diced tomato and serve.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.