Nothing warms you up like this delicious home-cooked meal, packed with flavour and hearty goodness. Why not try this Savoury Samp recipe?
- 500 ml (2 cups) samp
- 1 Knorrox beef stock cubes
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic chopped
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 200 g punnet button mushrooms sliced
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 large red chilli finely chopped
- 1 x 410 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh coriander rinsed leaves chopped (Optional)
- 1 x 410 g can sugar beans drained
- Cover the samp with lots of water. Set aside to soak for at least 8 hours. Rinse and drain.
- Pour generous amount of boiling water over the soaked samp, and add the Knorrox stock cube. Boil until samp is tender and the water is absorbed. (Drain only if necessary)
- Lightly fry the onion, garlic, green pepper, mushroom, carrot and chilli together in a little oil. Add the tomato and Dhania, and simmer until the liquid reduces and thickens. Stir in the sugar beans.
- Combine this mixture with the cooked samp. Cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.