Chicken Tikka Masala
The lovely, creamy texture of coconut milk and Hellmann's® Original Mayonnaise makes this chicken tikka masala recipe irresistible.
- 2 small red chilli peppers seeded and finely chopped
- 30 ml or 2 Tbsp, tomato paste
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (if unavailable, use small brown onion)
- 20 ml or 4 tsp, ground turmeric
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 ml or 1 tsp, garam masala
- 30 ml or 2 Tbsp, Hellmann's Original mayonnaise
- 300 g skinny chicken fillets
- 15 ml or 1 Tbsp, vegetable oil
- 200 g or 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 Knorr Chicken Stock pot
- 30 ml or 2 Tbsp, chopped fresh coriander
- Blend chilli peppers, tomato paste, shallot, ginger, turmeric, garlic and garam masala in blender to make a paste; set aside.
- Combine Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise with 1/4 of the chili pepper mixture in a bowl or shallow baking dish.
- Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator, turning occasionally, for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade. Heat oil in large non-stick pan over medium-high heat and brown chicken, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Heat remaining chilli pepper mixture in same pan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened. Stir in coconut milk and Knorr Chicken Stock pot. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes. Stir in chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, for about 8 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and, if desired, toasted sliced almonds.
- Serve, if desired, with steamed basmati rice and naan bread.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.