Chicken, Chickpea And Cranberry Bake
Cranberries and balsamic vinegar add both sweetness and acidity to this easy chicken, chickpea and onion bake. Use Knorr Tasty Chicken and Onion with Robertsons Rosemary Soup to create rich colour and gorgeous depth of flavour, then serve with brown rice, a shower of fresh parsley, and an extra sprinkling of cranberries.
- 30 ml olive oil
- Robertsons Black Pepper
- 8 chicken pieces (thighs and drumsticks)
- 3 onions, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 40 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 x 50 g sachet Knorr Tasty chicken and Onion with Robertsons Rosemary Soup
- 2 x 400 g tin chickpeas, drained
- 70 g cranberries
- 10 g parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup brown long grain rice, cooked to package instruction
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat the olive oil over a high heat in a large sauce pan or casserole dish.
- Season the chicken with salt and Robertsons Black Pepper. Once hot, add the chicken to the pan, skin side down, getting good colour all over, then remove from the pan.
- Turn the heat down to low, and add the onion, garlic and thyme. Cook slowly, scraping in stuck chicken bits off the bottom. You want to cook the onions until soft, but be sure they don’t catch.
- Once the onions are soft, add the balsamic vinegar, the contents of Knorr Tasty Chicken and Onion with Robertsons Rosemary Soup, the tins of chickpea, 250ml water and 50g cranberries.
- Stir until well combined, then top with the chicken.
- Place the whole dish in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve hot, topped with the remaining cranberries and fresh parsley, and with rice on the side.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.