Spinach, Corn and Bacon Muffins
These tasty savoury muffins pack an extra nutritional punch because they’re made with iron-rich fresh spinach. Bacon adds a smoky flavour, and two different cheeses deliver plenty of calcium. Use convenient tinned sweetcorn from the cupboard, and make a double batch so you have extras for tomorrow’s lunchboxes!
- 100 g diced bacon
- 100 g tin corn kernels, drained
- 100 g spinach, washed and chopped
- 220 g flour
- 7.5 ml baking powder
- 175 ml milk
- 1 egg
- 70 g butter / margarine, melted
- 36 g packet Knorr bacon Carbonara Sauce
- 75 g mature cheddar
- 75 g feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Put the bacon in a pan over a low-medium heat. Allow it to slowly cook and render. Once golden, drain the bacon bits on paper towel, then mix them with the corn and spinach.
- Mix the flour and baking powder.
- Whisk together the milk, egg, butter/margarine and the Knorr Bacon Carbonara Sauce.
- Pour the wet mix into the flour mix and fold to combine.
- Then add the bacon mixture and cheeses. Gently mix together and pour into a greased muffin tin.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve warm with extra butter and grated cheese on the side.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.