Muffin Tin Chicken Pies
Soft and juicy chicken pieces with carrots, mushrooms, green beans and celery, scrumptiously smothered in a rich and creamy sauce and covered with crumbly, golden-brown puff pastry.
- 2 large chicken breasts, cubed
- ¾ cup carrots, chopped
- ¾ cup mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup green beans, chopped
- ¾ cup celery, chopped
- 2 Knorr chicken stock pot
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup flour
- ½ tbsp Robertsons garlic salt
- ¼ tsp Robertsons black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- pack 2 packs puff pastry
- Add the chicken to a pot together with the carrots, mushrooms, green beans and celery. Add enough water to cover the ingredients and add the Knorr chicken stock pots, keeping a little aside for brushing on the pie lids in 9, below.
- Boil for 15 minutes before draining the chicken stock into a bowl and setting the chicken and vegetables aside.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter and add the chopped onion. Add the flour, garlic salt and black pepper. Slowly pour in 1 3/4 cups of the chicken stock and the milk, all the while stirring continuously.
- Simmer the sauce until it is thickened.
- Grease a large 6-cup muffin tin (or use individual ramekins). Roll out the puff pastry using a rolling pin and flour. Cut out circles from the dough, rolling out each one until it is big enough to be pressed into a muffin tin cup with an overhang of 1,5 cm.
- Use an empty, clean can to cut out the pie lids. You’ll need 6 pie lids.
- Combine the cooked chicken and vegetables with the sauce for the pie filling.
- Spoon the filling into each pie case and close the pies with the lids, making sure to seal the edges by pinching them together. (Note: If freezing the pies, do so at this stage for best results, but allow the filling to cool completely before adding it to the pastry casings.)
- Brush the pie lids with Knorr chicken stock from a stock pot and bake for 30 minutes at 180 until golden brown.
- Serve warm with a fresh green salad or steamed veggies.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.