Cheesy Bacon and Corn Tart
This easy to prepare tart is full of smoky bacon flavour combined with the sweetness of corn – perfect for a weekend lunch or light midweek dinner option.
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 200 g diced bacon
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml low fat milk
- 1 sachet Knorr Dry Cook-in Sauce chicken ala King
- 90 ml self-raising flour
- 1 tin (410 g) corn kernels, drained
- 125 ml cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onion until soft then add the bacon and fry until cooked then remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, contents of the sachet of Knorr Dry Cook-In Sauce Chicken ala King and self-raising flour until smooth.
- Add the drained corn and cheese and stir to combine then add the bacon mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a greased quiche dish and bake at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- Served with a side salad.
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.