You won’t need a traditional clay oven to make these Indian flat breads. An ordinary frying pan produces beautiful light yet chewy garlic flavoured bread!
- 100 ml warm water
- 30 ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 15 ml nigella or poppy seeds
- 43 gram sachet Knorr creamy garlic and herb potato bake
- 60 ml plain yoghurt
- 10 g sachet instant yeast
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (for frying bread)
- 210 g plain cake flour
- Place flour in a bowl with contents of the sachet of KNORR Garlic & Herb Potato Bake, instant yeast, poppy seeds and coriander and stir well to combine.
- Mix yoghurt and warm water together in a measuring jug to combine then pour over the flour mixture.
- Mix everything together to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 8 minutes until you get a smooth and stretchy dough.
- Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel and place into a warm area of the kitchen (near the oven usually works best) and allow to rise until doubled in size. This will take about 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knock back then divide into six equal balls.
- Roll each one out until it will fit into a frying pan.
- Heat an oiled frying pan over a medium heat and cook each bread for about 3 – 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and puffed up.
- Keep warm while you fry the rest of the bread then serve immediately.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.