Crustless Butternut Tart
Better For You Tips: Butternut is a great source of Vitamin A and this creamy side shows it off in all its glory.
This crustless butternut tart will make a great accompaniment to any braai meat!
- 500 g butternut squash (butternut), peeled and diced
- 3 medium-sized eggs
- 10 ml baking powder
- 180 ml cake flour
- 1 sachet (38 g) Knorr Classic white sauce
- 125 ml white sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 375 ml milk
- cinnamon sugar to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Steam the diced butternut in a little water in the microwave until soft then drain and mash until smooth
- Lightly beat the eggs with the baking powder in a cup then add to the mashed butternut
- Stir in the cake flour and the dry contents of the sachet of Knorr Classic White Sauce together with the sugar, salt and milk until combined
- Pour the mixture into an oven proof quiche dish and top with cinnamon sugar
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 30-45 minutes or until the tart has set
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.